POINT OF INFORMATION:  Wizard Marks wrote "At the same time, those other
than the school board who defended Jennings' appointment did so on the
basis that he was white."  This is not true.  I cannot speak for others
on the Issue Forum but for myself, my enthusiastic support for the
appointment of Dave Jennings had nothing to do with his being white.  I
am quite certain however, that others on the Issues Forum who also
supported Dave Jennings did not do so because he was white.

Again speaking for myself, I believe the Minneapolis School Board chose
wisely when it asked Dave Jennings to be the new superintendent; I
believe that much of the objection to his appointment from certain
"community leaders" was driven more because he was white than the
professed claims of process and qualifications.

I believe that most people who supported Dave Jennings did so because of
who he is, what he has accomplished, not what color he is.  Sadly, there
are people who will support only a person of the same color or the same
gender for any office.  I am embarrassed to admit it, but I do know
people who will not vote for anyone who isn't white or, in a few cases
anyone who isn't a white male. Thankfully, that is only a handful of
people!

When Wizard Marks asserts that all who supported Dave Jennings did so
only because of is white, that is well . . . a kind of race baiting.  It
is demeaning and grossly unfair.

Jim Bernstein
Fulton