>>Dyna is unhappy, and very upset, in Hawthorne. Yet I do not here her using
demagogic language against others when describing the dynamic of her problem
neighborhood, and block.  Remember THAT when you peruse her comments. She is
actually coping, and cool. Note Dennis's willingness to use demagogic
language; I
am in a position to believe he will act demagogically, too<<

Keith, perhaps you and I are looking at a different definition of
demagogically and demagogue.  Here's some excerpts from her posts in this thread:

"On a summer day this 'hood has the look and feel of a prison yard, and
violence is frequent. To survive here you have to stay inside a lot, lock up
anything of value, and keep your vehicles off the street and inside a tall fence if
not a garage."

"Dennis, there's no point in sugar coating it- our neighborhoods are de facto
crime containment zones."

"Jonathan is a great guy and I wish him luck, but the problems here in the
criminal containment zones are pretty much intractable."

"About as safe as going for a stroll in the prison yard without a guard in
sight. I have a few neighbors I can trust, but most have left. Sadly, this is
probably the future trend for the impacted neighborhoods- a relief valve for
overcrowded prisons and jails with little legal business activity remaining."

Just so we're clear, Websters defines Demagogue as: 1 : a leader who makes
use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power,
2 : a leader championing the cause of the common people in ancient times.

Now I doubt you're referring to the second when you're talking about Dennis,
and while I think that Dyna has the right to both her opinion and coping
mechanism, I'm not seeing the problem solving table that she is allegedly sitting
at....with you.  In fact most of her posts talk about how hopeless the
situation is.  And while she does point out some key aspects of the problem, I haven't
seen solutions offered.  Dennis and others on the other hand have offered not
only what they do but suggestions on what others, including Dyna, can do.
More to the point, they offered their perspective in response to Dyna's
statements.

I think if you want to allege anyone making demagogic statements, you may
want to examine what you wrotel.  This is right now an exchange of opinions and
approaches.  Let's keep it that way.

Jonathan Palmer
Victory