>>In a message dated 4/26/2004 6:17:14 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Individuals endorsing my candidacy this year include Ron Edwards, former
chair and vice chair of the Minneapolis Civil Rights Commission for 16 years and
longest-serving president of the Minneapolis Urban League (served for 11
years)<<

JP:
Actually the longest serving President was my uncle Gleason Glover who served
for 25 years until his untimely passing.  That position is now held by
Clarence Hightower.  Ron Edwards served as Chairman of the Board from 1978-1987
which is 9 years but still the longest serving Chairman.

Jonathan Palmer
Victory