Below is a response to KSTP news from a friend of mine who used to be
homeless, who allowed me to quote her.
             see below,
                   Margaret Hastings
                   Kingfield

"The moral test of government is how that government treats those in the dawn
of life, the children; those in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those
in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped."
-Hubert Humphrey
Your Channel 5 "News" team would benefit from following the same creed.  Your
"investigation" on 11/15 re; panhandling was arrogant and mean-spirited.
Instead of passing judgment, while pretending to care about those less
fortunate,
you could help educate the public on what, if any, programs might remain that
can help those with alcohol and chemical addiction. You could have discussed
all of the programs for our neighbors in need that have been slashed at all
levels of the government. You might have shown compassion and brought a camera
into what it must be like to have to sleep outside in the brutal cold of MN
because there is no room at the inn. When the Lord told us to love our
neighbors,
he did not give us a list...He said do it! "Investigations" like yours hurts
all of our neighbors in need. It gives the public an easy excuse to turn away
from all and most certainly means less assistance in the form of food and
donations this winter.

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL