I am amazed by the comments of Chris Johnson and the vote by Commissioner
Vivian Mason.  John Gurban cannot be Park Superintendent because he does not
have a Masters Degree?  John Gurban was one of three finalists.  He seems to
have a lot of experience with Minnesota park systems.

But here we go again.  Mr. Gurban's credentials are being attacked.  Elected
officials are being warned that they will be "pay dearly for the rest of their
public lives"  because of one vote.

Does all this personal, professional attacks sound familiar?  The attacks
remind me of this year's political ads.  State anything you want.  Attack,
Attack, Attack.  (Remember all the attacks on Kerry's war career).   We need a
reasonable discussion of Park Superintendent not personal and professional
attacks.

Having a Masters degree is not the only criteria for selection of an
administrator.  In fact, the whole discussion sounds elitist to me.  Many good
administrators have only a Bachelors degree.  I have even known good leaders
who have less than a college degree.

Tony Scallon
Ed.S. University of Minnesota

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL