> Dear Mr. Mayor, and City Council, STOP SPENDING SO MUCH! I can't afford
it!
> Dan McGrath

Me either....

That is the point...There is too much spending. Fix the stupid roof at
$700,000. The library asked for @$460,000 in bonding and they had the rest
of the money allocated. Take the referendum money, get each library fixed up
according to plan..they will finish in @2009. Come back to the Walker
Library...the issue is not going to go away, the land will  increase in
value and absorb roof repair and in 2010, taxes will be coming in from TIF
projects such as along the river. A roof repair turned into a 5-7 million
dollar library along with  @10? million housing/retail space. I am sure most
would like to have a beautiful library with a coffee shop...and a green roof
for those looking from above...must be the angel talked about on an earlier
post....who wouldn't ...but then don't complain about taxes and don't place
that blame onto MPL.

People don't like Walker due to parking...I would rather have a library with
a parking ramp a block away than a library with the doors closed. Don't like
to walk downstairs..well,  tell that to someone who lives in a area without
a library and lousy bus connections.  Can Walker not wait until the Central
library is done, until East Lake is completed, until some of the other's are
opened more than 50% of the time. Has this been said  before!!:+}

I am also looking forward to the 2005 Mayor's race. It will be interesting
to see what surfaces about spending, NRP should be an issue, and hopefully,
Police, Fire, Parks, Education will come to the forefront.  They need a bake
sale for the Stadium to help them out a little bit!

Dorie Rae Gallagher
Nokomis

> 1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.

http://e-democracy.org/discuss.html
> For external forums, see: http://e-democracy.org/mninteract
>
> Minneapolis Issues Forum - A City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn
E-Democracy
> Post messages to: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subscribe, Un-subscribe, etc. at: http://e-democracy.org/mpls

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL