I wanted to inform all of you inquiring minds about I would think were
successes at our caucus.

First, the turnout I thought was impressive.  There were about 75 people
there.  I think that is a respectable number for a non-presidential year.  I
think that the great turnout could be attributed to our open council seat.
People are very interested in who our next coucilmember will be.

>From my unofficial vantage point there were two candidates that appear to
have taken the lead in 8-2, Dennis Tifft and Titi Bediako.  There were many
people who also appear to be undecided and came to the caucus to hear about
the candidates.  We were fortunate in that all candidates did speak to the
body.  There was also a surprise announcement by Zachary Metoyer that he is
running for the 8th Ward.  He stated that at the precinct caucus was the
"proper" time to make this announcement.  I did not see any sign of Sandra
Miller.

There were also 3 resolutions that  passed.  One was on the integrity of
voting machines and two others were about the Park Board.  I was impressed
with the Park Board resolutions as they captured the bad choices that this
body has approved.  I supported the resolutions as I believe the park board
has been going in the wrong direction and needs to get back on track to its
original purposes.  I wish we could have heard from more people running for
that office.

One final thought I have, I wish that there could be an 8th Ward forum that
included all the candidates before the city convention.  With so many
candidates running  the best way to choose is to be able to see everyone
that is running and compare.  Eddie Felien conducted a debate with the last
election and it was a success.

Over and out from 8-2

Karen Forbes
Central Neighborhood