People like Mr. Strand have always had the choice to patronize clubs and
restaurants that did not allow smoking. People like Mr. Strand and the city
council just felt it necessary to have a law passed increasing the number of
choices available. In doing so, the ban actually removes choice. Apparently
a sizeable portion of the populice is unable to decide to stay out of places
that are not healthy for them and need a law to dictate their choices for
them. Thanks, freedom fighters. Like I've said before....I don't like rap
"music," so I stay out of places that play it. If you don't like smoke, why
on earth can't you just stay out of smoky bars? What is so tough about it?

I trust people like Mr. Strand will now be patronizing the local VFWs and
American Legions and Cardinal Bars and Adrians that you didn't go into lest
you have a three-day recovery time. See you there, right?

Life ain't fair, sir, and your respiratory allergies should not deny a
business owner the right to run a business the way he or she sees fit
concerning a legal product that the state makes a lot of money on.
Apparently business owners have to now cater to your allergies so you can
feel more "socially free."

This city is screwed up.

Mike Thompson
Windom