Wow, what an amazing day to be working and playing outside. It was a great
Mayday gathering with exploding Hummvees and the return of the Tree of Life.
The  parade and ceremony are the ultimate ode to cardboard and wheat paste,
with
such  great ingenuity, imagery, and passion and humor.
This was a year when the sun both literally and figuratively almost could
not make it to the ceremony.
I have been part of the In the Heart of the Beast Mayday celebration for
almost three decades and I just dig the funky beauty, especially the giant
puppets that get created each year.
Thanks to Heart of the Beast and all the participants for another amazing
Mayday.

So here we have this incredible visual feast and this most amazing photo
opportunity for our local daily, the Strib. I mean, here we have the molten
core
of the universe and hot lava traveling down Bloomington Ave., a 14ft. tall
golden Trojan Horse lording over Lake Street and giant skeletons having traffic
 held up for them by Mpls. finest.
This is low hanging fruit on a very large tree for a press photographer to
capture an unusual and interesting visual image to sell papers. You would think
 that after all these years that the Strib would figure out that every year
there  is a place where they can take an award wining photo of one of the
world's most  interesting art projects. But like many cool things happening in
Minneapolis,  these things are not the focus of the Star Tribune.

Thanks.
Scott Vreeland  Seward
( who is both a puppet and a politician)

The Strib did a workshop photo of a puppet, last week, but missed the  big
dance