Ed Kohler wrote:

I'd
expect 99%+ of the anti-stadium crowd to favor a new privately financed
ballpark. They're just not interested in spending public money to support a
private business.

I think it's more than that. As a working person who has never had oodles of spare money and never will, it's impossible for me to understand why this guy Pohlad wants me to buy him a ball park. Don't have a thing against baseball or having a stadium downtown. Fine, great. Go for it.

Why would he even ask me for money when he's got money coming out his ears? I will never get that, no matter how many people try to 'splain it to me. Had I his bucks, I wouldn't have the gall to ask for welfare.

WizardMarks, Central

REMINDERS: 1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at http://www.e-democracy.org/rules. If you think a member is in violation, contact the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.