Connie Beckers wrote, in part:
> The speed limit on our city's parkways is 25 miles
> per hour and do you know that as I kept that pace, I was tailgated and
> passed ... illegally, I think ... and not once or twice but by four
> different vehicles! I was at the speed limit, not over and not under.

Connie, be careful what you complain about, and certainly don't complain
to the city.  A business owner here in Seward called the city to complain
about the cars that continually rolling through the stop sign in front of
their business.  The drivers' failure to stop was making it difficult and
dangerous for the businesses vehicles to enter and exit their driveway.

The business owner wisely, or so he thought, called the city to request
police enforce the law for a day or so and maybe prevent an accident
before it happens.  The city, in its finite wisdom, had a different idea -
they removed the stop sign.  No sign - no moving violations.

So, be careful what you say to the city or we'll end up with 50 MPH speed
limits on our parkways.

Randall Cutting
Dodging traffic in Seward