[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

A less-than-super day for superintendents in the Monday Strib:

"Peebles' job may be on the line: Minneapolis superintendent to meet with
school board today," by Steve Brandt (top of page A1)
http://startribune.com/stories/1592/5453456.html

From Steve Brandt's story, "Feelings about Peebles often fall along racial lines." Before we make this a racial thing, let's hear what Lydia Lee and Sharon Henry-Blythe have to say. Of the teachers I've talked to about Peebles, I can't find any racial component in the opinion. Same goes for parents. If anything, the black teachers and parents have disavowed a connection to her "style."

And for the record, I know plenty white folks who were very much against Jennings' ill-advised appointment. I can show you copies of my letters to board members opposing Jennings, which I started writing as soon as Lori Sturdevant did her pre-appointment profile piece recommending him for the job.

Let's not manufacture a racial problem if one doesn't exist.

Dan McGuire
Ericsson