What:  "Coming Home: From Minnesota to Iraq and back"  an account of conditions
in Iraq under U.S. Occupation with Sami Rasouli.

When:  Tuesday, June 21, 7 PM

Where:  St. Joan of Arc Church, 4537 Third Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN

Sponsored by:  Twin cities Peace Campaign - focus on Iraq and WAMM.
Cosponsored by: Anti-War committee, Iraq Peace Action Coalition, Pax Christi
(Twin Cities), St Joan of Arc/WAMM Peacemakers, Veterans for Peace (Chapter 27)
and others.

For info, call: 612-522-1861 or 612-827-5364.

Iraqi-American Sami Rasouli has two homes:  Minnesota and Iraq.  He returned to
Iraq and participated in delegations to document conditions there under US
military occupation.  He helped to form a Muslim Peacekeepers Team to
collaborate with the Christian Peacemakers Team.

Come hear first-hand about conditions under military occupation in Iraq.

Art from Iraqi artists will also be on display and will be available for sale
to support continuing human rights work in Iraq.

Sami Rasouli will return to Iraq in July to continue peacemaking, documenting
conditions, and human rights advocacy.
*****
Minneapolis citizens and policy-makers:connect the dots!  Energy and
Transportation policy beget foreign and military policy.  The way we live now
demands war.  Our infrastructure investment priorities here in Minneapolis
directly impact our demand for oil.  We have the power to choose peace by
choosing to prioritize funding of low-energy transportation and urban
infrastructure.

This is one important aspect of our local policy that needs to be addressed
clearly and consistently.

Write your favorite mayoral candidate and ask him or her to make a public
statement about the relationship between our urban infrastructure policies,
energy, oil, and war.  Ask all candidates for local office to describe how this
understanding will affect their approach to public infrastructure project
priorities.

--pedaling for peace and ecojustice from Lynnhurst -- Gary Hoover