Well we do have the prisons for convicted persons. Perhaps we could extend the prison system to include those who do not qualify as renters. When we run out of space, failed renters could live in camps in summer and abandoned hotels in the winter, refurbished to handle down market occupants.

This will provide many new jobs for matrons and guards.

On second thought perhaps we have done something like this before in England and in American large scale public housing.

There will always be the chance that innocents will be thrown in with the failed renters at any given point in time, so there should be some sort of appeal process -- juries of landlords perhaps?

Best wishes,

Laura