While principals do have a contract, they are assigned to buildings.
Sometimes the staff and parents can influence that decision, but not very
often.  Principals' contract rights/seniority
do effect if they retain a job as a principal. This is especially important in
years like this when schools are closing and there are more principals and
assistant principals then there are
positions.

Buzzy Bohn
Folwell