I was wondering if anyone knows why there are three pairs of shoes hanging
from the powerlines in the alley between 29th & Lake St / 16th & 17th Ave S?
The map below shoes the shoe locations at both ends and in the middle of the
alley.

http://www.4factors.com/pics/graffiti/baraka-rugs-shoes-07192005.jpg

Purely coincidental, right?

The building in the front of the image on E Lake St. is the burned out
Baraka Rugs (formerly Gustavus Adolphus Meeting Hall) that burned 18 months
ago and remains vacant and covered with graffiti:
http://www.pihl.us/TheGustavusIIAdolphusSociety-dot-org/Fire.htm

Not surprisingly, the alley the shoes are in is also covered with graffiti.

By the way, I really will shut up about this once the problem is resolved. I
define "resolved" as having a reporting system in place that manages to get
the shoes removed in a timely manner throughout the city.

- Ed Kohler

Phillips Shoe Patrol