I recently attended a professional conference in Washington, DC. My colleagues and I did a lot of eating out and hanging out during the week we were there and one of the recurring comments was how surprised we were at our disgust that they were not smoke-free. In other words, having gotten used to eating and drinking in smoke-free environments, being in eating and drinking establishments that were not smoke-free was difficult for all of us to stomach despite the fact that it has only been a few months since the ban took effect here. It certainly made me appreciate the ban.

Brionna Harder
Minneapolis teacher, St Paul resident