On Friday, August 19, 2005, at 01:55  PM, Aaron Street wrote:

Laura, did you even read my complete post?

I was quite explicit that I don't want a user-fee either.

But what about exploring some sort of
"suggested contribution" program ....- let's say $1.00 per book.

A volunteer fee is when a specific value is placed on an item. It can be called a contribution, but it is a fee.

However, even if there were no value and it was a contribution, I would not support soliciting for funds at the point of check out in public libraries.

Laura

Laura Waterman Wittstock
Candidate for Minneapolis Library Board of Trustees
DFL and Labor endorsed
Minneapolis, MN
612-387-4915
www.laurawatermanwittstock.com