----- Original Message -----
  From: joan thom<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Barbara Lickness<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ;
mpls@mnforum.org<mailto:mpls@mnforum.org> ; Whittier List<mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> ; Whittier List<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ; Pamela
Taylor<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:06 AM
  Subject: Re: [Mpls] FEMA/2nd Harvest/McLaughlin food drive

  The soups can be bought in POP top cans also these days so look for these
also canned fruit comes in these cans and these will help as a snack for both
adults and kids.
  Joan Thom
  Hawthorne
    Barbara Lickness <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    I am forwarding something I received from the Peter McLaughlin campaign:

    Dear friends:

    I know you are just as shocked and devastated as I am seeing the aftermath
of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and the gulf coast. This disaster has
disproportionately affected the poor and the elderly and we are all struggling
to find ways we can help.

    Second Harvest Heartland has partnered with FEMA to provide food and
supplies to victims of the hurricane, and volunteers at my campaign have put
together a food drive. I invite each of you to stop by Thursday evening with a
donation. Below is a list of what is most needed.
    WHEN: Thursday September 8th, 5:00 p.m. to dusk

    WHERE: Beard's Plaisance parking lot 45th & Upton, SW corner of Lake Harriet

    WHAT TO BRING:

    Bottled water

    Hand-held snacks like beef jerky, granola or energy bars

    Peanut butter

    Canned meat

    Canned meals like hearty soups or chili

    Diapers!

    The food and supplies that we collect will be shipped immediately to the
gulf region or to Camp Ripley to aid the evacuees from New Orleans.

    Thank you.

    Peter