[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"Criticizing someone for failing to condemn someone's else's behavior   is a
form of "guilt by association" frequently used by right-wing  blogs to  imply,
for example, that all liberals secretly support  Saddam Hussein  (while else
would they have failed to condemn Saddam's
human rights  violation).

It is a very poor form of argument designed to change the  subject."

JP:
Greg, where you talking about your post or mine here?  Because  my point was
the hypocrisy of McLaughlin supporters criticizing him for sending  police to
New Orleans, but not criticizing the County, which I think you'll  remember
Peter is on of the Commissioner's of, about sending Sheriff Department
personnel down.  It is hypocritical to only criticize one action if your
concern is
truly about public safety resources.  I'm not sure why you don't  see this, but
your point is in accurate and illogical. And it seems designed to  change the
subject.

GA:
"And what, if any, responsibility for law enforcement within  the  boundaries
of Minneapolis does the County Sheriff have?"

JP:
"The Sheriff is, by state statute, the Chief Law Enforcement Officer  of the
County and is the only elected law enforcement official in the criminal
justice system. Hennepin County has had an elected sheriff since  1852."

This is from the County's website.  And last I checked,  Minneapolis was in
Hennepin County, and seeing as how they have done  investigations for the MPD,
assisted in law enforcement efforts and the County  also has the jail and the
Probation Officers who work hand in hand with Police  Officers to do law
enforcement, I'd say the County has a heck of lot to do with  law enforcement
in
Minneapolis.  I would think any attorney such as  yourself would be aware of
this.  Any Country Commissioner too.  And  so I'm still not sure why Peter
hasn't
been garnering more resources law  enforcement within the County system,
since it's one of his top  priorities.  Do you?

Jonathan Palmer
Victory