I lifted this off a calendar I recieve that many of
you may recieve-- The Progressive Issues List.

Anyway, I thought folks would find this an interesting
option for lunch today!!!

(No idea if strictly vegan options are available or
not at this event)

David Strand
Loring Park
Mahnomen Days Feast 9.30 11:30am

Each year employees at American Indian Community
Development Corporation works to provide toys,
clothing, and other Christmas gifts for the Little
Earth children and young people who for some reason
are not served by Toys for Tots.  The program is
called "Partners for Kids".

Last year those employees contributed themselves or
raised over $20,000 dollars for the program. The kick
off for the drive is a feast to celebrate the
harvesting of wild rice or Mahnomen. AICDC employees
work and cook for a week to prepare the event and
feast.  The event will have demonstrations of
preparing and roasting the wild rice, but the best
part is the eating.  (The part I am particularly
talented at, and the reason I might say the word
"FOOD" several times.)

The fund raising feast costs a $10.00 tax deductible
donation for the "Partners for Kids", but features
door prizes, entertainment, and great food.  The menu
includes roasted venison, buffalo (bison), beef,
turkey, pork, wild rice meatloaf, served with desert,
and vegetables too numerous to list, as well as about
ten different wild rice dishes. I probably am
leaving something out. GREAT FOOD!!!

Mahnomen Days Feast

Friday from 11:30am-1:30pm (don't come too late or you
might miss the buffalo) AICDC building at 2020
Bloomington Avenue South, Minneapolis
Eat and contribute to kids.
It's food for the soul and the stomach!

http://mail.yahoo.com