The common feature of many, if not most, of the supporters of this group
are that they are also supporters of the attempt to do a misguided
transfer of parkland to a private religious institution, IE, a part of
the metro regional parkland on Nicollet Island to DeLaSalle high school.
In their support of the 5 member  bullying majority on the park board,
they are also asking to continue the dysfunction of the last few years.
I urge anyone who thinks this is not a problem to check out a few park
board meetings and look at the rushed (in order to finish before a new
park board is in place) process for the Nicollet Island decision. This
has been characterized by a distorted composition of a citizens advisory
committee (CAC), a tight schedule and outright lies in the testimony of
park board staff.  Disclaimer, I do live there, but that means I am
intimately familiar with the mixture of students, walkers, runners,
bikers, horse drawn carriages, Segway tours and historical tours that
characterize the venue.

Phyllis Kahn State Rep 59B