Speaking of boondoggles, did I miss the news on what ever happened to the
privately "owned" Edison Youth Hockey Arena on Central Avenue in NE Mpls?
This was the Walt Dziedzic project that was in danger of (or actually did)
default on its loan, and the City of Minneapolis was reportedly on the hook
for what sounded like a White Elephant. The last I heard, the city council
was supposed to make some decision on paying for this. Are taxpayers now
paying for this arena too? How much? Does the site contribute property
taxes?

Sorry if I'm behind on this news. Lots to keep track of in Minneapolis these
days.

Gayle Bonneville
Northeast Minneapolis