For Immediate Release:

The Federation of Workplace Democracies (FWD-MN) Endorses Cam Gordon for City
Council Ward 2

FWD-MN (pronounced Forward Minnesota), a federation of 8 Minnesota worker
cooperatives, volunteer collectives, and democratically run non-profits, has
endorsed Green Party Candidate Cam Gordon for City Council in Ward 2.

Gordon is the first candidate FWD-MN has ever endorsed.  Their unprecedented
show of support comes from a strong conviction that Gordon shares their values
and will aid their mission of providing support for the continued success of
democratic workplaces, creating and encouraging opportunities for new
democratic workplaces, and spreading knowledge and awareness of democratic
workplaces.

"Cam Gordon shares our values of self-reliance, cooperation, participatory
democracy, transparency, and sustainable development," said John Langley, a
FWD-MN board member.  "We know he will fight for workers’ rights and strongly
support worker cooperatives."

"I am pleased and honored to accept this historic endorsement from the
Federation of Workplace Democracies," said Gordon.  "This is especially
significant because so many of our oldest, youngest and most successful
worker-run businesses are located in the 2nd Ward."

"Too often city policy has played a role in fueling the growth of large
corporations at the expense of small businesses," Gordon continued.  "Yet it is
our small home-grown businesses that bring character, needed services and good
jobs to our neighborhoods. I  look forward to moving our city in a new
direction where the priority is on supporting our small businesses and
cooperatives and curbing the kinds of large-scale, big-box, formula development
that conflicts with the vision so many of us have for our City and our
neighborhoods."

A Worker Cooperative is a business in which the workers are all equal owners
and have democratic control of decisions.  Worker Cooperatives distribute
profits based on proportion of hours worked by their worker-owners.

FWD-MN is part of an emergent network of democratically run organizations and
worker owned businesses that includes similar federations in Portland, Oregon,
the San Francisco Bay Area, a national federation, and an international body
formed of worker cooperative federations.

For more information on Cam Gordon, please visit camgordon.org.  For more
information on FWD-MN, please visit mncooperate.org.

Robin Garwood
Campaign Manager, Neighbors for Cam Gordon
Seward