From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Dan
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 2:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; mpls@mnforum.org
Subject: Re: [Mpls] Snicker shock?

> The Hennepin County Treasurer's office mailed out the proposed
> property tax for 2006 two days (November 10) after election day.  Was
> it thought that one day after we voted would be too obvious?  Do you
> suppose that there were any accompanying snickers at the time of the
> mailing (those poor fools didn't know what they were voting for)?
> The property tax increase on my Minneapolis home was over 11%.  Would
> many tax payers have received that much of an increase (if any) in
> their income within the past year?
>
> We need to hold tax increases down to the rate of inflation.

The irony of the timing did not escape my notice. My taxes increase 15.6%! I
love the "truth" in taxation notice that came along with it. The same
reasons are given as for my last-years (nearly double) increase. What's
missing from the "truth" in taxation notice is our elected officials can't
stop spending our money like they've won the lottery. As our services are
cut, our taxes go up WAY beyond the rate of inflation. They are learning to
do less with more. Where does all the money go?!

Dan McGrath
Longfellow
http://www.shegstad.us

REMINDERS:
1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at http://www.e-democracy.org/rules.
If you think a member is in violation, contact the list manager at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.

E-Democracy Post messages to: mailto:mpls@mnforum.org Subscribe,
Un-subscribe, etc. at: http://e-democracy.org/mpls