David Greene say that the links supplied by Matty Lang are from a
group with a bias.  Maybe the name lightrailnow says it all.
You can also read their comments on prt.  Just imagine, they also
seem to be biased, and you won't be able to imagine what that bias
is <grin>.

He won't supply a link to the FTA because he thinks they are biased,
although he does say that he agrees with the bias of lightrailnow.

Below are a number of links to brt references.

You can infer the bias of the GAO from the agency's middle name:
"Accountability".

David has painted the FTA brt program with the tarbrush of
"the current administration".  In fact, the FTA brt demonstration
program started under the Clinton/Gore administration.

In fact, the lrt proponents have done all they can to make the brt
alternative look bad.  It doen't have the same route in downtown
Saint Paul as the lrt, it is routed over the bridge to the south side
of the river (makes for a longer route and slower time end-to-end)
and doesn't go to the Union depot.

On the other hand, the brt alternative is as bad for congestion
on University Avenue as the lrt, due to closing crossing points and
reducing on-street parking.

Los Angeles Metro Rapid buses

Overview:
http://www.metro.net/projects_programs/rapid/overview.htm

Update, June 2005:
http://www.metro.net/press/2005/06_june/metro_087.htm

Demonstration program report:
http://www.metro.net/images/Demonstration%20Program%20Report.pdf

Federal Transit Administration

Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Exchange
http://knowledge.fhwa.dot.gov/fta/brt.nsf/home

GAO Testimony on BRT
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d03729t.pdf

Links
http://knowledge.fhwa.dot.gov/fta/brt.nsf/RelatedLinksDisplay?OpenForm

Cities in other countries

Curitiba
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-curitiba.pdf

Leon
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-leon.pdf

Paris
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-paris.pdf

Paris suburbs
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-paris-sub.pdf

Porto Alegre
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-palegre.pdf

Essen-Dortmund-Dusseldorf-Duisburg-Bochum-Wuppertal-
Giesenkirken-Krefeld-Oberh
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-rrw.pdf

Sao Paolo
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-sao.pdf

Zurich
http://www.rentalcartours.net/rac-zurich.pdf

Bruce Gaarder
Highland Park  Saint Paul  MN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit www.EffectiveTransit.org

The Independent Unsubsidized Voice of

Citizens for Effective Transit in the Twin Cities

* lrt isn't a potato chip, you can stop at just one *

NESIMONS at aol.com wrote:

>> can anyone tell me more about "brt"?

David Greene replied (in part):