If I remember correctly, one destructive get for a msgid/correlid
combination that cannot exist will purge all expired messages.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff A Tressler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Getting rid of expired messages

Two questions

1) "If you are using V5.3 a browse will remove the expired messages."
>From the Reason Code 2033 thread.

I thought browse would work on any version. We use MQSeries v5.1 for
HP-UX 11.x. If browse does not work how do we clean up unexpired
messages? Doing a destructive read and putting the unexpired messages
back seems extreme.

2) Sending system send bunch of messages with expiration. The
destination system is down so messages back up in transmission queue and
expiration time is exceeded. When the destination is back on-line, does
the MCA remove the expired messages or does it pass them down the
channel.

I expect the MCA, doing a destructive read, will result in the expired
messages being deleted.

Jeff Tressler