We have a channel defined between OS/390 (Sender) and
HP-UX (Receiver). Since I have no visibility on the OS/390, I
set up a simple script to capture the CHLSTATUS every
30 minutes. The channel has a disconnect interval of 90
minutes.

I use the msgs value of the CHLSTATUS to get an idea
on the number of transaction that have passed through the
channel. Four of the five channels work well, the channel
starts, message pass along the channel and the channel
disconnects properly.

The fifth channel acts strangely. I examined the error log
and got even more confused. Comparing the error log
with the 30 minute CHLSTATUS shows.

Channel Starts
02:53:22       No Transactions Sent
03:26:22       No Transactions Sent
05:02:35       No Transactions Sent
06:12:37       No Transactions Sent
06:35:31       No Transactions Sent
07:19:51       No Transactions Sent
07:53:55       1 Transaction Sent
08:58:06       439 Transactions Sent
09:33:10       No Transactions Sent
10:55:14       5 Transactions Sent
11:53:12       No Transactions Sent
12:35:22       No Transactions Sent
13:38:11       No Transactions Sent
14:32:49       No Transactions Sent

It appears the channel is started, sends no transactions, and
then shuts down before the discint(6000) runs out. We checked
the operators and they are not stopping the channels.

Any idea what might be happening.

Jeff Tressler