From: Philip, Aby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:47 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Queue manager aliases and remote queue defintions

Hi everyone,

This doubt is regarding the uses of the remote queue defintions vs queue
manager aliases. One of the most basic uses of queue manager aliases
(according to the manual) is that the application does not need to change
the name of the queue manager which it would be putting in the MQOD
structure and still get away with sending messages to different queue
managers according to the values in the queue manager alias defintion.

My doubt is using remote queue definitions also the application can still
send a message to any queue manager it wants to without changing anything in
the application. It will only put messages to the remote queue
definition..and the transfer will take place again to any queue manager
value in the remote queue defintion.

I think we can reduce the total number of objects created when we are
talking of multi hopping using queue manager aliases and all as compared to
trying to acheive the same functionality using remote queue defintions...But
otherwise is there some other particular advantage by using the queue
manager alias? Or am I missing something in these assumptions?

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards
Aby Philip