From: John M Hammond [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 4:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Clustering and changing qmgrs.

Bill,

If I were you I would remove the first queue manager from the cluster by
following the instructions in the "Queue Manager Clusters" manual.  I would
then check a few of my non-repository queue managers and make sure the
queue manager has disappeared from them.  Only when I was sure the original
had gone would I add the new one.  This is assuming you currently have two
(or more) repositories.

Trying to have the two with the same name going at the same time is only
going to cause you headaches.

Good luck!
John

John M Hammond - Middleware Support Team
Household International
100 Mittel Drive
Wood Dale, IL 60191
Phone: (630) 521-4339; Pager: (866) 237-0985

                        "Conklin,              To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        William"               cc:
                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Subject:    Clustering and
changing qmgrs.

                        Sent by: MQSeries
                        List
                        <MQSERIES@AKH-Wie
                        n.AC.AT>

                        06/24/2002 03:59
                        PM

Hi All,

I have to replace a production repository NT queue manager with a new one
with the same name, the only difference is the connection name.  Can I just
suspend/resume the qmgr and change the connection name in the production
environment to match the new environment? Or should I completely delete the
current qmgr, channel defs. etc, and then add the new qmgr from scratch?

Thanks
Bill C.