Leon,

I didn't keep your original email, but in the scenario you describe below
there shouldn't be a problem with messages stuck on the
SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE.  When the system comes up on the new
hardware, it is effectively the same queue manager and therefore all
outbound communications should be able to continue.  Inbound channels will
not start because of the IP address change, but altering your cluster
receiver channel and adding the new connection name should sort that out.

John

John M Hammond - Middleware Support Team
Household International
100 Mittel Drive
Wood Dale, IL 60191
Phone: (630) 521-4339; Pager: (866) 237-0985

                        Leon Grey              To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]      cc:
                        UK>                    Subject:    Recovery procedure for
Clustered Queue Managers
                        Sent by: MQSeries
                        List
                        <MQSERIES@AKH-Wie
                        n.AC.AT>

                        07/02/2002 07:30
                        AM

Thanks Ferenc for the reply. Yes, a Hardware Cluster
of some sort will ressolve this problem. We have opted
against using Hardware Clustering.

I want to identify a way of alleviating the risk of
loss of data when a hardware failure occurs on a
cluster qm node. At present we will have the queue
manager variables [/qmgrs and /logs] on a shared
RAIDed drive, so that the queue manager can be brought
up on a different hardware when failure occurs. Within
a clustered environment I forsee several problems with
doing this. The biggest is the IP address of the newly
regenerated cluster queue manager and its expected ip
address in the repository. Given this scenario, and
the one described in the original email, what can i do
to free up the messages that could potentially be
marooned on the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE. All
comments are appreciated.

Leon