Bob,

Just out of curiosity.  Why would you want to create copies of runmqsc?

                      "Fruncillo, Bob"
                      <FruncilloB@DNB.         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: runmqst - amq6119 -
permission denied
                      MQSeries List
                      <MQSERIES@AKH-Wi
                      en.AC.AT>

                      07/03/2002 08:31
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to MQSeries List

Paul,

Here is a display of /var/mqm/errors:

$ ls -ltr
total 196
-rw-rw-rw-   1 mqm        mqm              0 Jul  2 17:44 AMQERR03.LOG
-rw-rw-rw-   1 mqm        mqm              0 Jul  2 17:44 AMQERR02.LOG
-rw-r-----   1 mqm        mqm          94621 Jul  2 17:45 AMQ11344.0.FDC
-rw-rw-rw-   1 mqm        mqm           4973 Jul  2 17:49 AMQERR01.LOG

Here is a display fo the runmqst in /tmp - you are right - it is a copy of
runmqsc:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 srinivas   ngdev        28672 Jul  1 15:40 runmqst

I have reinstalled mq to 5.2 base. I thought maybe it had something to do
with CSD04 - same results. I know it has something to do with permissions
on
the box - just can't figure out what it is. We do the same exact thing
another hp/ux v11 box which is at 5.2 csd04 - no problems. I have the unix
admins looking at the user's id.

Thanks for your time

Bob
D&B