Hi Paulo,

Following are Extracts from "MQ System Administration Guide",

Go throough it ...

It says DB2 is not Thread-aware?????

=====================================
ThreadOfControl=THREAD|PROCESS
| This attribute is mandatory for MQSeries for OS/2 Warp and MQSeries for
| Windows NT. The value set on the ThreadOfControl attribute is used by the
| queue manager for serialization purposes when it needs to call the
resource
| manager from one of its own multithreaded processes.
| THREAD
| Means that the resource manager is fully "thread aware". In a
| multithreaded MQSeries process, XA function calls can be made to the
| external resource manager from multiple threads at the same time.
| PROCESS
| Means that the resource manager is not "thread safe". In a multithreaded
| MQSeries process, only one XA function call at a time can be made to the
| resource manager.
| The ThreadOfControl entry does not apply to XA function calls issued by
the
| queue manager in a multithreaded application process.
===> In general, an application that has concurrent units of work on
different threads requires this
        mode of operation to be supported by each of the resource managers.

| DB2 is not thread-aware so specify PROCESS.

Nagendra