Does anyone started playing with websphere mqseries v5.3?

I have installed v5.3 on my AIX  and NT boxes.  All my connections (
channels) work fine without the SSL features but I have multiple problems
when I'm trying  to test SSL:
1) I couldn't create self sign digital certificate via gsk6ikm (IBM GSKit
installed with webspheremq v5.3) . IBM tech-support claims that I need JDK
1.4 but the mq documentation says JDK1.3.1 is required.  I have JDK1.3.1 on
my box and my JAVA_HOME points to it.  ( JDK 1.4 is Beta on IBM site and
has prerequisite of AIX OS 5.1 which I don't have )
2) When I want to use encryption only without Digital Certificate  (
RC4_SHA_US or any other CipherSpec on both ends of the channels ) I'm
getting error on my AIX box:
"The attempt to load the GSKitSSL library or procedure 'amqccgsk_r' failed
with error code 536895861."
I exported my PATH and LIBPATH pointing them to all possible directories
which have mq or gsk or even java libraries.
3) On NT I was able to create Digital Certificate via makecert software but
I have a 'format error' when I try to Assign this certificate to my NT
Queue Manager.

Does anyone experience similar problem?

thnx, -jerry