Hi All,

I am trying to verify the successful install of MQSeries Version 5.2 in a
new environment.  The version of Unix is Solaris 8 and the C++ compiler is
Sun Forte 6 Update 2.  I am attempting the "Verifying a local installation"
as per the MQSeries Quick Beginnings documentation.  However the creation
of the queue manager fails and the following is the output at the command
prompt:

pb.oddev01.dev.r10.es1.src.../opt/mqm/samp/bin:crtmqm -q
venus.queue.manager
MQSeries queue manager created.
Creating or replacing default objects for venus.queue.manager.
Default objects statistics : 0 created. 0 replaced. 30 failed.
For details of the failures that occurred, please check AMQERR01.LOG.
Completing setup.
Setup completed.

Here are the first few messages from the log:

16//07//02  02:22:27 PM
AMQ6174: The library /var/mqm/exits/amqzxmr0 was not found. The queue
manager
will continue without this module.

EXPLANATION:
The dynamically loadable file /var/mqm/exits/amqzxmr0 was not found.
ACTION:
Check that the file exists and is either fully qualified or is in the
appropriate directory.
16//07//02  02:22:28 PM
AMQ8003: MQSeries queue manager 'venus.queue.manager' started.

EXPLANATION:
MQSeries queue manager 'venus.queue.manager' started.
ACTION:
None.
16//07//02  02:22:28 PM
AMQ6174: The library /var/mqm/exits/amqzif was not found. The queue manager
will continue without this module.

EXPLANATION:
The dynamically loadable file /var/mqm/exits/amqzif was not found.
ACTION:
Check that the file exists and is either fully qualified or is in the
appropriate directory.
16//07//02  02:22:29 PM
AMQ5525: The MQSeries Object Authority Manager has failed.

EXPLANATION:
The MQSeries Object Authority Manager has failed to complete an MQSeries
request.
ACTION:
Check the queue manager error logs for messages explaining the failure and
try
to correct the problem accordingly.
16//07//02  02:22:29 PM
AMQ5525: The MQSeries Object Authority Manager has failed.

EXPLANATION:
The MQSeries Object Authority Manager has failed to complete an MQSeries
request.
ACTION:
Check the queue manager error logs for messages explaining the failure and
try
to correct the problem accordingly.

It seems to me like it can't find the programs it needs to create a queue
manager.  The first log message states that /var/mqm/exits/amqzxmr0 is not
found.  This is true as the contents of the /var/mqm/exits dir is empty.
But that is also the case on our old server where mq is installed and
things are running just fine.  What gives?  Did I forget exporting some
variable or something?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Prits