You can use any port for your SSL channels. They can use the same listener
as your regular clear channels. There is no need to use port 443.
Cheers

Morag Hughson
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      Robert Baker
                      <robert_baker@SSO-MEC        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      H.DISA.MIL>                  cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries            Subject:  SSL for MQ 5.3
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      .AT>

I want to use the new channel security using PKI certificates with
Websphere MQ 5.3 on z/OS. Can I use port 1414 which was used for channel
traffic in MQSeries 5.2 or do I have to use port 443 which is traditionally
used for SSL? Also, if I have more than one queue manager on a domain, do I
have to assign seperate port numbers for each queue manager? Thanks for
your support.