Rebecca,
may I add that the automatic sync comment you made does not apply to certain
channel types. From the notes on the RESET CHL command:
[quote]
If the command is issued to a receiver, requester, or cluster-receiver
channel, the value at the other end is not reset as well; this must be done
separately if necessary.
[/quote]
So, the bottom line rule of thumb is: To make things easy, always issue the
command at the sending end of the pipe. ;-)
Stefan