Hi All,

Whenever I try to start the MQ queue manager with Oracle XA support enabled
on HP-UX I get the following error.

-------------
AMQ7626: XA resource manager initialization failure. Refer to the error log
for
more information.
-------------

In the MQ error log file I get the following error.
-------------
AMQ6188: The system could not dynamically load the shared library
'/usr/lib/ora8swit' due to a problem with the library. The errno was 8 and
the
error message was 'Exec format error'. The queue manager will continue
without
this library.
-------------

The scenario is as follows
Operating system  - HP-UX 11.0
MQ Series version - 5.2 (without any CSD's)
Oracle version    - 8.1.7
Compiler          - gcc 3.0.1

When I searched the IBM website, I found out that this is a known problem.
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/support/readme/hpx520_read.html
It seems Oracle has a solution to this problem.

I have followed the steps as mentioned in the system's admin guide for
enabling Oracle XA support.
Did anyone get the same problem ? Please let me know if you were able to
overcome it.

Thanks in advance

Vathsa