Shailesh,
the short answer is yes, if you specify MQxMO_SYNCPOINT on your GET/PUT.
>From chapter 17 of the MQ Appl.Prog.Guide:

Syncpoints in IMS applications
In an IMS application, you establish a syncpoint by using IMS calls such as
GU(get unique) to the IOPCB and CHKP (checkpoint). To back out all changes
since the previous checkpoint, you can use the IMS ROLB (rollback) call. For
more information, see the following books:
- IMS/ESA Application Programming: Transaction Manager
- IMS/ESA Application Programming: Design Guide
The queue manager is a participant in a two-phase commit protocol; the IMS
syncpoint manager is the coordinator.
All open handles are closed by the IMS adapter at a syncpoint (except in a
batch-oriented BMP). This is because a different user could initiate the
next unit of work and MQSeries security checking is performed when the
MQCONN, MQCONNX, and MQOPEN calls are made, not when the MQPUT or MQGET
calls are made.
Handles are also closed after a ROLB call unless you are running IMS Version
3 or are running a batch-oriented BMP.
If an IMS application (either a BMP or an MPP) issues the MQDISC call, open
queues are closed but no implicit syncpoint is taken. If the application
closes down normally, any open queues are closed and an implicit commit
occurs. If the application closes down abnormally, any open queues are
closed and an implicit backout occurs.

Hope that helps,
Stefan