Hello Listers -

I've come across a problem this morning that I'm hoping someone can shed
some light on.

We have a test server that has three queue managers installed that all use
linear logging.  The server is WinNT V4 SP6a and MQSeries is V5.2 w/ CSD03
installed.

Every night we run a job that issues a rcdmqimg against each queue manager
and then runs a utility to clean up log files that are no longer needed.
The utility makes this determination by looking at what is the oldest log
required for media recovery.

This morning we started getting alerts that we were running low on disk
space on the logging drive.  What I discovered is that for one of the queue
managers, the oldest log needed for media recovery was from several months
ago.  I've tried manually running the rcdmqimg command and have checked the
output for errors - thinking that we might have some queue that was causing
an error - but I could not find anything.  Now I'm stumped.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue?  If so, were you able to resolve
it?

Steve Gies
SAFECO Insurance
MQSeries Technical Support