Based on some of the answers regarding the listener...

Does WebSphere MQ version 5.3 support inetd-based listeners like previous
versions?  If so, and if the administrator chooses to use the inetd way to
listen, it should be noted that the "runmqlsr" process will not be listed
in the process list and thus the port number will be controlled by the
/etc/services file.

Warren
[EMAIL PROTECTED]