Joakim

This is going to be driven by your design. If you are not triggering
applications in the background, then you may run into issues that Jonas
referred to in his note. However for many simply defining the process
definitions to start separate processes is enough to resolve this issue for
those platforms with trigger monitors that by default start applications on
the same process.

If your talking about using trigger every (not recommended by many) then
that could be a lot of trigger messages and that may effect your decision
to use a separate init queue and trigger monitor for this queue.

Often other design considerations will require using additional trigger
monitors and therefore additional initiation queues. For example if we are
talking about CICS regions and the CICS trigger monitor, each region will
have its own trigger monitor / init queue even though they may share the
same queue manager. Or you may choose to use a client trigger monitor to
start servicing applications on a machine other that the queue manager, in
which case you'll need an init queue for this trigger monitor.

So some of the key design issues you will deal with are 1) how many
different places are you starting applications, 2) do any of your trigger
monitors execute applications on a single process, 3) what type of
triggering are you using and can the trigger monitor handle the load of
trigger messages if one of the queues is trigger every. There may be many
more considerations that effect your  decision.

Typically our trigger monitors are idle much of the time. With trigger
monitors that start background tasks and trigger first designs with
reasonable wait intervals and controls, we have no problem sharing a single
trigger monitor and its init queue for any queues that are to trigger
applications at a given destination. So in my experience it is often driven
by whether we already have a trigger monitor running on that platform
connected to the desired queue manager. If not set up a new trigger monitor
and create an init queue for that trigger monitor.

Rick

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |   Joakim Andersson                    |
|         |   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Sent by: MQSeries List              |
|         |   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Tuesday September 17, 2002 03:54 AM |
|         |   Please respond to MQSeries List     |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                |
  |       cc:
                |
  |       Subject:   One ore more initiation queue?
                |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I wonder when it's time to use several initiation queue fore triggering. In
the manual I only found;
"If triggers are active, at least one initiation queue must be defined for
each queue manager."
Today we have in our system three init-queues, but nobody can tell me why.
Is there any recomendation when to use more that one init queue?

Med vänlig hälsning
Joakim Andersson

SDC ek för                    Tele : 060-16 87 91
SDC IT, Drift och Teknik        Mobil: 070-598 87 91
Skepparplatsen 1                Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
851 83 Sundsvall                Webb : <http://www.sdc.se/>