I am told that applications sending MQ messages using satellite should be
sensitive to ten second (or more) Round Trip Delay timings. The problem is
that if the RTD is set too low (ie. less than 10 seconds), then IP tries to
retransmit the  package thereby bulking up the bandwidth. Also, the Mean
Transmission Unit (MTU) should be set less than 1500 (ie. 1492 or something
like that). Is anyone out there using satellite transmission for MQ (not
MQe) for messages? If so, how do you address this issue? Or, must we go to
MQe? Thanx.  BB.

Bruce Barclay
Cell: 613-794-8423