All,

I'm having problems sending special characters between two queue managers
from NT 4 (SP6a) to LINUX (Redhat v7.2). I set the LINUX queue manager's
CCSID to 850 (so that no conversions are necessary) and managed to get
special characters successfully sent from Linux to NT.

However, when sending the message with special chars from NT to Linux the
following hex values get converted to extended codes:
14 to F4    - where hex 14 represents device control character 4
15 to F5    - where hex 15 represents negative acknowledgement
9B to BD
9D to BE

I viewed the message using amqsbcg and browsing the message while still on
the queue. The NT queue manager is running MQ v5.1 and the Linux is running
v5.2.

What I can't understand is why MQ converts the message even when the CCSIDs
on both queue managers are set to the same value.

Has anyone else experienced a problem similar to this?

Does anyone know how to check the default active code page used in a Linux
session. Maybe this has something to do with the problem I am seeing.

Thanks in advance,
Dipak

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.