Yes, of course your application folks won't trust the opinions of the MQSeries experts within their own company (or consultants that their company as hired).  But strangers off the Internet - they must know what their talking about!!!  <Big Grin>

- Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael F Murphy/AZ/US/MQSolutions [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 8:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Starting channel as a service on Windows NT/2000

Thanks Adi, Nikhil, Steve, T. Rob,

I realize all these things but it's good to hear it from other people as reinforcement.  It also give me ammunition to show proof that the concept being used is wrong.  Many of the people I am dealing with are difficult to convince that there are better ways to do things.  We are working to implement BMC Patrol for monitoring but it is a ways off from full implementation so the appl groups are looking for things to monitor.  I just need to get them monitoring the right things.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Murphy
Sr. Middleware Consultant

MQ Solutions, LLC