I am receiving messages of different length and based on the first
eight (8) characters, I can determine the routing. I cannot seem to
figure out how to read in the messages without having a specific
well-defined format.

I tried setting the message up to be read as a BLOB but then cannot
figure out how to access the data. I would like to do a simple:

     SUBSTRING ("BODY" FROM 1 FOR 8) = "SUSTHIST"

in a filter node to check for a particular message and send to a
destination queue. The "BODY" evaluates to NULL when I do a
trace so the substring fails and send the message out the
UNKNOWN exit.

Any ideas? Long run it would help to implement a different format
for each message and use RFH2 headers but that is not an
option at this time.

          Jeff Tressler