Hi,

I'm looking to document a backof process for my 5.2 to 5.3 upgrade plan.  I don't see anything in Quick Beginnings.

I have over 100 queue managers running on Unix that are going to have their own seperate upgrades.  There will be several different SA's removing 5.2 and installing 5.3.

In testing, when I removed 5.3 and installed 5.2 I had to rebuild the queue manager.  I got errors for "no such file or directory" when I restart the queue manager under 5.2.

This happened to be a qmgr created under 5.3, but I'm wondering if IBM thought much of us trying to easily upgrade and backoff and support this product????
Thanks
Tom

| Probe Id          :- ZT028001
|
| Application Name  :- MQM
|
| Component         :- zutCheckIPCCDirs
|
| Build Date        :- Aug  1 2002
|
| CMVC level        :- p520-CSD05G
|
| Build Type        :- IKAP - (Production)
|
| UserID            :- 00000126 (mqm)
|
| Program Name      :- strmqm_nd
|
| Process           :- 00028757
|
| Thread            :- 00000001
|
| Major Errorcode   :- xecF_E_UNEXPECTED_SYSTEM_RC
|
| Minor Errorcode   :- OK
|
| Probe Type        :- MSGAMQ6119
|
| Probe Severity    :- 2
|
| Probe Description :- AMQ6119: An internal MQSeries error has occurred (No
|
|   such file or directory: stat:
|
|   /var/mqm/qmgrs/MQHYUDE3A/@ipcc/shmem/PerQUEUE:)
|
| Comment1          :- No such file or directory: stat:
|
|   /var/mqm/qmgrs/MQHYUDE3A/@ipcc

--+