Frank Wagner, IS-C2 D1, Allianz Lebensversicherung AG,
MQSeries-Administration, MQ-Wrapper
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Weitergeleitet von Frank Wagner/IS-C/Allianz-Leben am 04.11.02 13:38
-----

Subject: New Function: PTF UQ71197 integrates MQSeries messaging with DB2
for
z/OS and OS/390 applications Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:45:17 +0100
From: "Rolf Loeben" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

p.p.

I send this information preliminary so so have more time left for planning:
We closed APAR PQ59549 on Friday and built PTF UQ71197.  I expect the PTF
to be available in about two weeks (mid November).
The DB2 V7 publications have been updated and are available on the DB2
Library web site at
http://www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/os390/v7books.html.

   DB2 MQSeries functions
   DB2 for z/OS and OS/390 Version 7 adds support for user-defined
   functions that
   you can use to perform MQSeries tasks. MQSeries is the core of the
   WebSphere
   MQSeries product family. It is a flexible messaging system that lets
   applications
   communicate in a distributed environment. The DB2 MQSeries user-defined
   functions let you easily integrate MQSeries messaging with database
   applications.
   You can use the DB2 MQSeries functions to send messages to a message
   queue
   or to receive messages from the message queue. In addition, you can send
   request to a message queue and receive a response.

   One set of user-defined functions that DB2 provies are DB2 MQSeries
   functions,
   which integrate MQSeries messaging operations within SQL statements. The
   functions help you integrate MQSeries messaging with database
   applications. You
   can use the functions to access MQSeries messaging from within SQL
   statements
   and to combine MQSeries messaging with DB2 database access.
   The MQSeries functions are installed into DB2 and provide access to the
   MQSeries
   server using AMI (Application Messaging Interface). AMI supports the use
   of an
   external configuration file (the AMI repository) to store configuration
   information. AMI
   uses two key concepts: service point and policy. A service point is a
   logical endpoint
   from which a message may be sent or received. Policy defines the quality
   of
   service option that should be used for a given messaging operation. The
   MQSeries
   functions can read, receive, or send messages to the queue specified by
   the
   service and policy in the AMI repository. The functions can be scalar
or
   table
   functions. For more information on MQSeries functions, see the function
   descriptions in Chapter 3, Functions on page 153 of SQL Reference.

P.S. Please pass my address to anyone interested in DB2 HOTLINE - thank
you.

You received this e-mail because you are subscribed to DB2 HOTLINE.
You have elected to receive this e-mail.
To unsubscribe please send a response to me with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the
subject.

With kind regards - mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rolf S. Loeben, Software Marketing DB2 for z/OS

INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: (+49) 7034-15-3131         Build: 71139-02 Room 0118
FAX: (+49) 7034-15-3207       Mobile (+49) 171-7603043

IBM Deutschland GmbH
KST 5339 - 71139-02
Am Keltenwald 1
D-71139 Ehningen