From: Alessandro Caffarra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 6:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Browsing a queue: how to get the last msg.
(PROTOm@il:200211182342 CENTROSIM)

Hi all,

I would like to use MQ to send a sequential file from a Win2K PC to a host
application.
On the host side, the queue will be monitored by a CICS transaction that
will
start a JCL when the eof rk will be found in queue.
My idea is to write a transaction that browse the queue searching for the
end_of_file
record, but I admit that it is not a great idea!
I am studying hot to browse a queue, and I have found only a get_first or
get_next GMO option, but I need a get_last option.
Is there a way to browse a queue without issuing a read cicle?
Thanks,
Alx