Thanks Steve and Peter.

I used the strcpy and bang!  it worked.

Tomorrow, I start playing with the code to see what I can control (secure).

_________________________
Regards,
Dick Killian
MQ Administrator & Adabas DBA
Rochester Gas & Electric Corp
(585) 771-6049

                      "GIES, STEVE"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: [MQSERIES] channel
security exit
                      List
                      <MQSERIES@AKH-WIE
                      N.AC.AT>